Accurate estimates are essential to any project. Cobb Mechanical's estimating team uses cutting-edge technology to ensure that our clients receive the most accurate and detailed quantity and cost surveys possible, regardless of the size or complexity of the project.
- Cobb Mechanical's customized estimating system is completely integrated with our cost accounting system, providing our clients with the most detailed and reliable management information possible.
- Our estimators are some of the most skilled in the industry, with experience in every facet of mechanical estimating, including duct fabrication and installation, plumbing, hydronic piping systems, process piping systems, clean room applications and equipment installation.
- We work conceptually with design engineers to develop project budgets and continue to tailor the estimate throughout the completion of construction documents, ensuring consistent project development, budget and compliance from inception to completion. Our system allows us to generate detailed conceptual estimates, ensuring a timely response to our clients' needs.
- Our skilled estimating staff can assist in project layout and design during the estimating stage, providing our clients with a concise, efficient design and development timeline.
Why choose a design-build contractor?
- Cobb Mechanical's qualified and experienced in-house engineers and support personnel can respond immediately to questions or problems.
- Our trained technicians are on staff for initial balancing adjustment of systems to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Our service and start-up professionals are involved throughout the project and remain at our clients' disposal throughout the warranty period and beyond.
Design and Build
Cobb Mechanical is a strong and talented team player on design-build and design-assist projects. Our pre-construction team is an active participant in every client's project, including the pre-construction manager, project manager, operations manager, project engineer and estimators. We want to make sure every job is done in the most cost-effective manner possible and finished within budget.
- We work with our clients in design and coordination meetings to define the scope, design requirements and fundamentals needed to make each project successful.
- We coordinate with building departments, utility suppliers, fire departments, user groups and others to determine the scope and need of our clients' projects.
- We constantly evaluate every design to maximize efficiency, compliance, constructability and cost-effectiveness.
- We establish a Guaranteed Maximum Price (cost of work plus fee) and an associated scope of work, making sure that both meet every client's requirements.
Equipment, systems selection and constructability are major components in keeping a project within budget. Because value engineering on fast-track projects is an integral part of the design process, Cobb Mechanical draws on years of experience to let you know what works, and what your costs will be.
- We provide constant control of our clients' project costs from concept through completion, with continuous value engineering through owner input and careful review.
- We offer single source responsibility for installation, operation and warranty.
- We provide a fully coordinated project from design through construction.
- Our professionals in the field have years of experience with systems and components that use innovative state-of-the-industry designs, and we avoid products with a problematic service history.
- We utilize concurrent design and construction to facilitate accelerated schedules and minimize post-construction change orders.